POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Product Mysteries : Re: Product Mysteries Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:27:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Product Mysteries
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 27 Jan 2011 12:30:39
Message: <4d41abbf@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 16:53:38 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 27/01/2011 4:36 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:52:28 +0000, Stephen wrote:
>>
>>> That is no WiFi,
>>> Bluetooth or phone transmissions.
>>
>> And even today, WiFi is OK on many flights (as there are in-flight WiFi
>> services now on some flights).
>>

> I knew it was comming, didn't know it was here.

Yeah, Delta has been doing it for about a year on selected flights, and
over the holidays, Google sponsored it (so it was free).

Interestingly, they seem to block wifi-capable cell phones (my cell
wouldn't connect to it), but my eReader (based on Android, same as my
phone) had no problems - so I sent text messages using my Nook (via
Google Voice) to let people know my flight was delayed but that we were
finally en route.

Jim