POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Unix shell : Re: Unix shell Server Time
3 Sep 2024 11:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unix shell
From: Invisible
Date: 27 Jan 2011 10:18:28
Message: <4d418cc4@news.povray.org>
>> I don't particularly want to spend three weeks reading through the
>> obtuse reference manual. It would be quicker to just keep typing this
>> stuff by hand. I just wondered whether somebody already happens to know
>> the answer to this (presumably) very common problem...
>
> Fish, eating, learning,... all that old metaphore.

Well yes, if I was likely to use make ever again, learning how it works
might be beneficial. Since I'm most unlikely to ever touch it again...
it's rather a lot of effort for little benefit.

> here a little makefile for gnu-make, but YMMV, to generate png picture
> from every dot file in the current directory.
>
> I guess you can adapt it for your c++ compilation.
> (hint: dot -o outputfile inputfile)

> all: $(patsubst %.dot,%.png,$(wildcard *.dot))
>
> .SUFFIXES: .dot .png
> .dot.png:
> 	dot -Tpng -o $@ $<

Hmm, never mind. Apparently renaming all the *.c++ files to *.cpp
enables Make to automatically figure out what to do. Go figure.