POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Unix shell : Re: Unix shell Server Time
3 Sep 2024 11:24:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unix shell
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 27 Jan 2011 09:56:24
Message: <4d418798$1@news.povray.org>
Le 27/01/2011 15:35, Invisible a écrit :

>> Use the target naming in your makefile's rules
>> (have a search about $* $<  $>  ... in make tutorial)
>
> I don't particularly want to spend three weeks reading through the
> obtuse reference manual. It would be quicker to just keep typing this
> stuff by hand. I just wondered whether somebody already happens to know
> the answer to this (presumably) very common problem...

Fish, eating, learning,... all that old metaphore.

here a little makefile for gnu-make, but YMMV, to generate png picture
from every dot file in the current directory.

I guess you can adapt it for your c++ compilation.
(hint: dot -o outputfile inputfile)

all: $(patsubst %.dot,%.png,$(wildcard *.dot))

.SUFFIXES: .dot .png
.dot.png:
	dot -Tpng -o $@ $<

--
Software is like dirt - it costs time and money to change it and move it
around.<br/><br/>

Just because you can't see it, it doesn't weigh anything,
and you can't drill a hole in it and stick a rivet into it doesn't mean
it's free.