POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Using lightmaps generated with POV back into POV textures : Re: Using lightmaps generated with POV back into POV textures Server Time
28 Sep 2024 06:07:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using lightmaps generated with POV back into POV textures
From: Ive
Date: 27 Jan 2011 08:08:39
Message: <4d416e57@news.povray.org>
Am 27.01.2011 11:22, schrieb Jaime Vives Piqueres:
> Can anyone think of a better (more suited) operation than simple
> multiplication?

No ;)

I think just *one* multiplication should do it.

Actually it looks to me like the saved lightmap file is not linear. Or
maybe it gets gamma corrected when loading it back?
Have you used OpenEXR files for the lightmap or something else?
And that min() bothers me as it defeats the idea of HDR lighting.
What kind of artefacts do you get?

-Ive