POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:17:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: Invisible
Date: 27 Jan 2011 04:39:05
Message: <4d413d39$1@news.povray.org>
> Yes, good mics aren't cheap.  Nor is an appropriate place.
>
> Similarly, when writing, a good editor or technical reviewer isn't cheap.

I consider myself to be moderately good at explaining complex ideas.
What I utterly suck at is writing anything of any significant size. I'm
not good at deciding what order to explain stuff in. (And I've very
indecisive...)

Having somebody else review it helps. They're the ones who point out
that you've neglected to explain something because it's just so utterly
obvious to you that you forgot somebody else wouldn't necessarily know this.

I haven't had the pleasure of working with a professional editor yet.

>> I'm sure most of it is fairly easy if you actually know what to look
>> for.
>
> Well, either it's easy or it's hard.  The reality is that it's easy or
> hard depending on one's experience and expertise.

Yeah. Logically, there must be books and courses and things somewhere
which explain how to do this properly. I mean, professional sound
engineers don't just pop up out of the ground. They have to learn from
*somewhere*. Chances of you or me finding this information? Negligible.

> First rule of getting people to think you're good at something:  Don't
> tell them you suck at it.  Let them form their own opinions.

Well, it depends on whether you want credit for other people's
ignorance, or credit because you actually did something worthwhile...