POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cops don't have to protect you? : Re: Cops don't have to protect you? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cops don't have to protect you?
From: Darren New
Date: 26 Jan 2011 21:56:46
Message: <4d40deee$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> Nope, I said I understand why these options are needed, but they should
> not be visible when inappropriate.

They're not. You have to click on the button that says "show me these
options." At least in Vista.

> With at least in XP not a logical interface to change that. Right
> clicking the buttin brings up a menu, with one item: properties.
> Of the taskbar, not the button. ??

That's a fair point. Right-clicking on the actual power button should take
you to the appropriate page of the power control panel thingie.

> That is the one that should not be visible or at least not in this format.

I don't understand why. Where would you put it? Does it confuse you? Do you
not know what those words mean?

>> Joel is arguing this could be turned into one button. I disagree.
>
> me to.

I'm not sure how you put six or seven options onto one button.

>> I hate to say it, but cars have both ignition keys, door locks, *and*
>> brake pedals (heck, *two* brake pedals!). I haven't heard anyone
>> complaining about that.
>
> Why would they? Different physical objects with a clear interface.

And you have different buttons on the screen to do different things with
your PC, yet Joel is complaining he has too many buttons.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"