  Re: Molecular biology
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 26 Jan 2011 20:59:53
Message: <4d40d199@news.povray.org>
On 1/26/2011 6:49 PM, Stephen wrote:
> On 27/01/2011 1:36 AM, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> And you know the really insane thing about it? Most of this crap is made
>> and shipped from places like China, Taiwan, and everyone *but* the US.
>> So you have con artists, or just nuts, selling this stuff, basically
>> untouchable, as long as they put the proper legerdemain on it, and its
>> not even benefiting anyone *here*, but some bozo in another country, who
>> is laughing their asses off at both the buyer, and the seller.
>
> Another way of looking at it is, someone at home is shipping it from
> China, Taiwan etc. to make a profit. But that is the free market for you.

My personal feeling is, if a company has more than 50% of its damn
resources, product *or* employees in some other country, and its not
*specifically* claiming to be a resaler (which would not have the same
"rights" as the rest, including being able to muck with politics *at
all*), it can't claim to be an "American company", no matter where their
"head office" is located. If we used that logic on something like
diplomats, foreign dignitaries could claim to be members of bloody
congress, on the grounds that their embassy is on US land, and they do
all their work from the embassy office, without ever going back to their
own country for visits.

But, heh, that's just me...

--
void main () {