POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Artificial life : Re: Artificial life Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:15:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Artificial life
From: Darren New
Date: 26 Jan 2011 18:37:04
Message: <4d40b020$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   It then comes down to whether we can measure whether the recession speed
> of a galaxy is accelerating or not. (Can we?)

You would hve to look for changes in the redshift. I wouldn't think they're
changing recession speed enough for that to be detectable with current
instruments. Especially (I think) if recession speed is increasing because
of increased space between us and not actual acceleration of the galaxies
(because acceleration of the galaxies would affect the photons at the source
while increasing space would only accumulate over time).

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"