  Re: Molecular biology
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 26 Jan 2011 17:37:44
Message: <4d40a238@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 14:30:27 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:

>> Sure, but there are also plenty of reasonable people who are religious
>> as well.
>>
> There is nothing "reasonable" about religion.

That's your opinion, and you are entitled to it.  But I'll note that
you're conflating "reasonable people" with "reasonable about religion"
and the two are different.

> than my own *personal* choice of wardrobe. Thankfully, sports fans get
> no where *near* as unreasonable as "reasonable" religious people about
> that sort of thing...

Maybe you don't hang out with a crowd that does that.  Try hanging out
with die-hard Utah Jazz fans and tell me there's a difference.  I find
many of those hard-core sports fans to be much more obnoxious than people
who practice a religion, or who claim to.

You think I'm wrong, try wearing a Chicago Bulls jersey near the Energy
Solutions Arena here in SLC on game day.  Or, for a real treat, try
wearing a Mets jersey in Boston (or for that matter, to a Yankees game).

Jim