POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cops don't have to protect you? : Re: Cops don't have to protect you? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 13:14:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cops don't have to protect you?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 25 Jan 2011 17:06:24
Message: <4d3f4960$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/25/2011 8:48 AM, Warp wrote:
>    For people living there, is anything of this true?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx_LbxfEYTk
>
>    (And I would prefer answers that are not of the kind "it's not true because
> I can't believe it's true", but instead answers that are based on knowledge
> and facts.)

Was a court case recently where people died, and others raped. The
conclusion reached by the courts was that, "Cops have no obligation to
timely defense of people in their own homes.", or some similar idiocy.
Guess we need to change all the damn cars to say "To serve and eat
donuts", though, that might even confuse a few of them, who would show
up trying to sell you donuts door to door, or something...

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {
       call slow_by_half();