POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Artificial life : Re: Artificial life Server Time
3 Sep 2024 13:13:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Artificial life
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 25 Jan 2011 17:02:48
Message: <4d3f4888$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/25/2011 2:06 PM, Warp wrote:
> Darren New<dne### [at] sanrrcom>  wrote:
>> I always enjoyed thinking about such things. What if we really *are* in the
>> middle of the universe, and it's not that space is expanding, but only that
>> everything really is rushing away from us because it all started right near
>> here? :-)
>
>    What's the difference?

In terms of the universe in general, none. The "edges" are one big blur
of stuff moving away too fast to see anything but the blur from it, and
without reference to the edges, you can't define the "center". In
relation to everything else... umm.. just pick something to be the
center, and go with it?

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {