  Re: Molecular biology
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 25 Jan 2011 16:30:29
Message: <4d3f40f5$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/24/2011 3:18 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 21:26:02 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>
>>> Yeah, there are whackos out there.  There are also non-religious
>>> whackos out there.
>>>
>> True. Though, as one person once stated it, "Do you refuse to treat a
>> recognized, and maybe curable, cancer, because there are a lot of other
>> sorts of cancers your cure won't fix?" One less source of wackos is
>> still one less source.
>
> Sure, but there are also plenty of reasonable people who are religious as
> well.

There is nothing "reasonable" about religion. Tolerable, yes, but not
reasonable. That said, I have no more problem tolerating fools spending
insane amounts of cash on foam hands, and the like, to see a ball game,
with all the silliness of that, than I do with those you are calling
"reasonably religious". At least up to the point where one of them
decides to piss me off by insisting that I *must* where a football
jersey, or the like, because their "team" is just ever so more important
than my own *personal* choice of wardrobe. Thankfully, sports fans get
no where *near* as unreasonable as "reasonable" religious people about
that sort of thing... Oddly enough, the later can get downright crass,
if you pick the wrong subject, day, event, or shirt, with very little
seeming interest in making sure they remain all reasonable, and the like.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {