POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
8 Oct 2024 14:54:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: scott
Date: 25 Jan 2011 05:17:04
Message: <4d3ea320$1@news.povray.org>
>> Are you sure that is correct? It seems very odd that the song owners
>> wouldn't charge more for stations that have higher audience figures. It
>> would mean they'd have to charge an totally insignificant amount to the
>> big stations in order for small ones to be financially possible.
>
> Well, since it's impossible to know how many people are listening at any
> given instant in time, the price cannot possibly be determined by the
> number of listeners.

So you're not sure then :-)

You can be sure how many people are listening at any given instant in
time to within some confidence/accuracy levels.  There are plenty of
companies that deal with collecting such data (eg barb.co.uk does it for
TV, I'm sure there are similar for radio).  Why wouldn't the song owners
use such figures for setting the prices?