POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 24 Jan 2011 17:05:53
Message: <4d3df7c1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 23:41:30 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> I don't think that has been addressed. You can record something to watch
> it later, but I never heard of a case that addressed whether you could
> watch it more than once after you record it.

I've not either, but I think it would be trivial to refer back to the
original Sony case (Betamax, that is - no irony there in the current Sony
litigation against Geohot with the PS3, none at all ;-) ) since the
technology wasn't designed to erase the content after it was viewed.

I think it could be legally argued that since the technology didn't erase-
upon-playback that it was implied that the content might/could be viewed
more than once.

Jim