POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:25:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: Invisible
Date: 24 Jan 2011 05:14:39
Message: <4d3d510f$1@news.povray.org>
On 24/01/2011 10:05 AM, scott wrote:
>>> They give you music you want, and in return you listen to their adverts.
>>
>> Seriously? That actually generates more than a few pence per day?
>
> People pay thousands of pounds to have their advert on radio.

OK, but that still only works out to a few pennies per day over the
duration that the advert plays for. I would have thought that even if
you played adverts 24/7, you would never come close to making enough
money to cover even the basic costs of electricity to run the
transmitter, never mind all the other stuff you'd need to pay for. And
the few actual radio stations I've listened to don't play adverts very
much at all.

(More to the point, what adverts they do play inevitably sound very
cheap and amateurish. Not at all like the slick, polished adverts that
constantly bombard you on TV. Presumably advertising on radio is much
cheaper than TV - although I also wonder how the hell TV makes enough
money to keep going...)