POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:25:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: scott
Date: 24 Jan 2011 04:40:05
Message: <4d3d48f5$1@news.povray.org>
> I still find it slightly weird that if I ask a friend to copy a CD for
> me, that's illegal. But if I turn on my radio and listen to the exact
> same music, that's completely legal. Either way it costs me nothing, and
> it's the exact same music. WTF?

Why is that weird?  A radio station is a company making money.  They
give you music you want, and in return you listen to their adverts.  So
long as the radio station makes more money from advertising income than
it has to pay to the content owners then it will work.

Of course stations run by the BBC don't have adverts, but everyone is
forced to pay a license fee for that.