POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:24:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: Invisible
Date: 24 Jan 2011 04:26:35
Message: <4d3d45cb@news.povray.org>
On 22/01/2011 10:48 PM, andrel wrote:

> There is also the problem of finding an artist if I don't yet know
> her/him. What seems to be missing from the whole IP debate is the role
> of the person that recommends the music/book/fashion. These people are
> vital, but how do we pay them for sifting through the bulk of mediocre
> stuff?

Yeah, there is the argument that by "illegally" showing people music or
whatever that they didn't pay for, they might well go out and buy a copy
themselves.

I still find it slightly weird that if I ask a friend to copy a CD for
me, that's illegal. But if I turn on my radio and listen to the exact
same music, that's completely legal. Either way it costs me nothing, and
it's the exact same music. WTF?