POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Partial Output problem : Re: Partial Output problem Server Time
28 Jun 2024 03:00:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Partial Output problem
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 23 Jan 2011 07:41:39
Message: <4d3c2203$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/22/2011 09:05 AM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> It might happen that the filesize has changed and that the file is not
> yet finished... loading partial file is a bad idea.
>
> (For RC2, if the full image is more than 1 048 576 pixels, disk I/O
> would occurs, resulting in a slow creation of the final image at the end
> of the render)
> (For RC3, it's tunable, check the release note)

the I/O bottleneck fix correct? When running RC2 I /may/ have seen the
problem manifest itself on my system. As the scene was completing I had
jumped to the scene file text to make a change and save ... I had to
ctrl s a second time. Happened more than once, so now I think I know
what I was seeing. It might be a good idea for the blender folks to grab
RC3 and see if that gives them any joy!

also now that I've re-read:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_1#Partial_Output_Options

given the comments that have been made the last three paragraphs are
what needs to be changed ... the rows exception doesn't apply now
correct? and since that exception isn't valid anymore the last line can
go ...

Jim