POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:25:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: Darren New
Date: 22 Jan 2011 16:38:04
Message: <4d3b4e3c$1@news.povray.org>
Florian Pesth wrote:
> It seems stricter in the netherlands though, if I read andrel
> correctly. For this copy in germany you don't need to get permission from
> the copyright holder.

The "Kinko's" case is the one I actually looked at in school:

http://www.wsubooks.com/store1/wichita/copyright.htm

>  In germany there is a large organization collecting money from this and
> distributing it to the "creators". In principle anyone can register at
> this organization and claim money, even if you have a private webpage and
> "create content" this way. It pays only for the big guys though (I think
> they start paying with 1500 unique page visits for a single page each
> month or something like that.

That's cool. Here, I think it goes to the same group that charges fees for
playing music on the radio. There's a law here that says you can play any
music you want for $X/play, and that music goes to some specific company
that then redistributes it to the copyright holders. That way, each radio
station doesn't have to set up a deal with each music studio.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: