POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request for assistance with documentation : Re: Proposal to expand the documentation about Arrays Server Time
27 Apr 2024 09:29:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proposal to expand the documentation about Arrays
From: Jaap Frank
Date: 22 Jan 2011 09:24:56
Message: <4d3ae8b8$1@news.povray.org>
>"Jim Holsenback"  schreef in bericht news:4d39756c$1@news.povray.org...

>> Can you change that in "you can create a multidimensional or
>>                                        multivariable array by making an
>> array of arrays"
>> because the multi variable part is the interesting tric.
>
>maybe it's a language thing but i think were talking semantics here ...
>i think multidimensional is the correct term

I don't disagree with multidimensional, but the manual states that once
an array is activated with a varaible type you only can use that type
further.
With arrays inside arrays you can build a multivariable array and that's the
point I would like to see in the manual. So mentioning BOTH can give a hint
in that directions.

>> By the way, I've looked at the wiki, but you have to do that in
>> html-style I
>> suppose and I'm not familiar with html or is there an easy way to do
>> that.
>
>for the documentation we mix wiki markup with html markup for
>convenience, because eventually it ALL gets translated to html for the
>distribution doc sets, however a how to article can be done all be done
>in wiki markup it you wish. it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it
>
>here the very basics:
>http://wiki.povray.org/content/Help:Editing
>
>and more details:
>http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Editing_pages
>
>and of particular interest the Help:Formatting section

Thank you for this information. I will see if it's not too complicated.