POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Partial Output problem : Re: Partial Output problem Server Time
28 Jun 2024 02:57:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Partial Output problem
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 22 Jan 2011 08:05:20
Message: <4d3ad610$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,

Le 22/01/2011 13:16, Mr nous fit lire :
>> > Which version are you using ?

And on what system ?

What is the image size (+H +W for povray) ?

> What I'm trying to achieve is have the border_render property of blender set the
> +sr +er +sc +ec ini file options, it does work: povray renders the proper part
> of the image but, around when the render is finished, blender crashes.

Huh ? If povray has exited, how can it crash blender ?

Does it also crash with a full picture ?
(I checked the exit status on linux 64 bits: povray returns 0, fine)

I'm just a bit concerned about the check of the
   new_size = os.path.getsize(self._temp_file_out.name)

It might happen that the filesize has changed and that the file is not
yet finished... loading partial file is a bad idea.

(For RC2, if the full image is more than 1 048 576 pixels, disk I/O
would occurs, resulting in a slow creation of the final image at the end
of the render)
(For RC3, it's tunable, check the release note)