POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : abstract generative animations rendered in POVRAY : Re: abstract generative animations rendered in POVRAY Server Time
26 Apr 2024 21:48:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: abstract generative animations rendered in POVRAY
From: Alain
Date: 21 Jan 2011 14:30:07
Message: <4d39debf@news.povray.org>

> Hi-
>
> After a few years away from POVRAY I have posted several abstract generative
> animations rendered in POVRAY to my YouTube channel.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/user/solporter?feature=mhsn
>
> I'd really like to have some orgainc elements to go with, e.g. drifting fog;
> plus focal blur, and arrayed lights, but I have yet to find a good drifting fog
> method, and lack the patientce for the expensive ray tracing techniques...
>
> Hope people find these interesting,
>
> Leo
>

> Oops, think I previously posted this to the wrong group...

Nice, almost hypnotic.

Arrayed lights, what about area_light. Those are realy optimised arrays
of lights. If you use the adaptive option, you can have good quality and
decent speed.

Adding fog have only a small effect on the rendering speed.

Focal blur can be interesting, but it can kill your rendering speed.
Also, be sure that you don't overdo it.

Alain