POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:25:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 21 Jan 2011 13:19:42
Message: <4d39ce3e@news.povray.org>
On 1/20/2011 2:08 PM, Warp wrote:
> Patrick Elliott<sel### [at] npgcablecom>  wrote:
>> You can, they are call "3D ready". Not to be confused with 120hz
>> displays/TVs, which actually take in native 60hz, then "upsample" to
>> 120hz, when handling TV data (by interpolating frames).
>
>    Wouldn't that cause an annoying flicker effect, when each other frame
> is slightly blurrier (being the average of the previous and next frames),
> especially when there's very fast motion?
>
>    Unless the TV searches for the shapes in the image (as an MPEG-4 codec
> would) and then interpolates those shapes. I would be surprised if it was
> that advanced.

Actually, I think that is exactly what it does do. The inputs for most
of those is digital, and the digital data is some sort of streaming
codec, not an analog pattern. **But**, if you do watch analog on the
same thing, you get precisely what you describe, as I understand, which
is blurring and other problems, since it can't interpolate frame
information it doesn't have, so has to guess.

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {
       call slow_by_half();