  Re: Molecular biology
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 21 Jan 2011 13:15:25
Message: <4d39cd3d$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/21/2011 10:42 AM, Warp wrote:
> Darren New<dne### [at] sanrrcom>  wrote:
>> Warp wrote:
>>>
>>>    The first words of the first amendment to your constitution somehow
>>> resonate in my head when I read that, causing a terrible pain...
>>>

>> Yeah, me too.
>
>    Btw, the attitude that Americans have towards their Constitution seems
> quite strange. Seemingly they consider it an infallible and untouchable
> holy scripture, and even the idea of going and changing even a single letter
> of it is tantamous to blasphemy. (Amendments can be added, but changing
> existing text, *especially* the original text written by the Founding
> Fathers, is considered some kind of sacrilege.)

Not true.. There have been recent calls by some of the "new" people on
the right wing to "repeal" whole sections of it, ranging from
desegregation, to well... if it involves civil liberties, or the right
to not be lorded over by religious fanatics, they want it removed. Those
things apparently being "unnecessary", sort of like taxes, health care
and the minimum wage.

No, the ones that are required to take it as a sacred document, in
theory, is the supreme court. Which is why the ones now there, all
appointed, and non-removable, by right wingers, have ignored it, and
case law, in order to declare corporations full citizens, and thus able
to spend every dime they have to elect people who will write corporate
friendly laws (and maybe even adjust the constitution, so they can deny
people the right to work/get service there, if they don't like their
religion, color, or national origin).

I bloody wish they took it as sacred. Though.. maybe that is the
problem... these idiots don't read their own damn bible with enough
seriousness to have a frakking clue what it says, its hardly a surprise
they have an equal amount of "total respect" for the constitution, i.e.,
no frakking clue what it actually says, since actually reading and
understanding it would like, I don't know.. taint it, or be a sin, or
something...?

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {