POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Regarding Australian content filtering... : Re: Regarding Australian content filtering... Server Time
3 Sep 2024 13:11:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Regarding Australian content filtering...
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Jan 2011 18:22:21
Message: <4d38c3ad$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   (What is even stranger, and scary, about the Finnish internet censorship
> is that not only is the exact list a secret which ISP's must not divulge,
> but the exact authority or authorities who decide what goes into the list
> is also a secret. Nobody outside the government and the police force knows
> who is making the decisions.)

They're starting to talk about the same thing for the USA.

Altho the whole idea that the list is secret or that the people figuring out
what goes on the list is secret smacks of asking for corruption right there.
I can't imagine that there's a good reason for keeping the list secret.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: