POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:24:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: Warp
Date: 20 Jan 2011 16:08:09
Message: <4d38a436@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] npgcablecom> wrote:
> You can, they are call "3D ready". Not to be confused with 120hz
> displays/TVs, which actually take in native 60hz, then "upsample" to
> 120hz, when handling TV data (by interpolating frames).

  Wouldn't that cause an annoying flicker effect, when each other frame
is slightly blurrier (being the average of the previous and next frames),
especially when there's very fast motion?

  Unless the TV searches for the shapes in the image (as an MPEG-4 codec
would) and then interpolates those shapes. I would be surprised if it was
that advanced.

--
                                                          - Warp