POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:27:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 19 Jan 2011 14:45:02
Message: <4d373f3e$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 18:57:07 +0000, Stephen wrote:

>> Well, yes, I think that was my original suggestion.  But at least here
>> in the US, most people will abbreviate to one of the 3-word variations
>> I wrote above, but that's not a commentary on what's grammatically
>> correct.
>>

> No wonder we need sub-titles for American TV. ;-)

Hehehehe, you know, I was quite amazed when, at a holiday party last
year, the hosts showed us a couple episodes of "Only Fools and
Horses" (Mark's from Ireland and has a heavy Irish accent most of the
time) and they gave us the caveat that the accents might be difficult to
understand, but we didn't need subtitles and understood most of the
cultural jokes as well as not having a problem with the accents. :-)

I think they were slightly surprised that we didn't have any problems at
all understanding what was being said.  :-)

Jim