POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:13:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 19 Jan 2011 13:23:00
Message: <4d372c04$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 19:32:11 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:

> But, in general, books tend to have very sharp text, no blurring, and
> very little glare, or light induced strain. So, no, it is possible to
> have no problem with a book, yet have problems with an ereader, the most
> common issue being the "blurriness" of the text on some models.

That's odd, though, because there's been a recent study that suggests
that books make a bigger imprint (and are easier to remember) on the
brain because you don't have to work as hard at reading/focusing on text
in an eReader.

I didn't read the entire article on that, so it may be a load of tosh,
but....

Jim