POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:25:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Jan 2011 11:28:08
Message: <4d371118$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> On 19/01/2011 1:35 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>> "It will be John and I coming tomorrow" sounds fine to me in answer to
>> It's a bit formal, and still doesn't sound right to me.  In answer to
>> that question, most people would say "John and I" or some variation
>> thereof - "Me and John" would be grammatically incorrect, but what a lot
>> of Americans would actually say, or "John and me" for that matter.)
>>

> Try "John and I are coming tomorrow" or "will be"

I'm not saying it's the only or best way of phrasing it. But it's perfectly
good english to say "It will be John and I attending."  You might reply that
on a wedding invitation or something, because it sounds a bit formal, but
it's nowhere near wrong.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: