POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : camera orbit with simultaneous image plane rotation : Re: camera orbit with simultaneous image plane rotation Server Time
2 Jul 2024 21:31:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: camera orbit with simultaneous image plane rotation
From: Alain
Date: 18 Jan 2011 22:37:20
Message: <4d365c70$1@news.povray.org>

>> In that case, you can use an array that will contain your various rotations.
>>
>> #declare Roll = array[16] {0,0,1,3,5,7,5,3,1,0,1,3,5,7,5,3}
>>
>> This create the array and initialize it in one operation.
>> The element zero (first) can be used for single frame renderings, while
>> the others will be used during an animation.
>
> This sounds very promising. Since I am generating scripts to execute the
> raytracing with povray I would then only need to determine whether the roll
> angle is fixed or variable, based on user input.
>

>> You ther access the elements like this:
>>
>> Roll[frame_numnber]
>
> Could you please give me more detailed syntax, or a reference to the relevant
> manual /wiki page, on how to implement this. Thanks.

Some samples:
#declare Value = Array[Some_Integer];

camera{location Array[Some_Integer1]
  look_at Another_Array[Some_Integer2]
  rotate Array_Of_3D_Vectors[Some_integer3]
  angle A_Fourth_Array[Some_Integer4]
} // extreeme example where most of the camera's parameters are
  // defined using arrays.

For the windows version documentation:

3.2.1.8 Array Identifiers

General online documentation: