POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:25:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 18 Jan 2011 20:34:17
Message: <4d363f99$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 17:31:57 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Authors like Stephen King are the exception rather than the rule.
>
> I heard even he only gets 15%.

That's quite a good rate (by my own experience), but of course, 15% of
the numbers of books that he collects royalties on is significantly more
than the 6% (or in one case, 1/4 of 6%) that I've collected on the sale
of about 2,000 books over the last 15 years.

I joke that every 3 months when I get the $25 cheque for the one that's
currently in print, I can afford to buy dinner for two at our local
diner.  It takes 3 months to make enough royalties in order for it to be
worth it to the publisher to cut a cheque (they won't do it for < $25).

I think I'm due to eat again in another 2 months. :-)

Jim