POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: Invisible
Date: 18 Jan 2011 11:38:09
Message: <4d35c1f1$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Obviously they're not doing this on purpose,
>>
>> why would the publishing bussiness act different than the music bussiness?
>
> Because with ebooks, it's easier to self publish than it is for
> musicians to do so.

I'm not sure I agree with that.

It's pretty easy to write a document and put it online somewhere. It's
pretty easy to make some music and put it online somewhere. Either way,
you don't really need a publisher.

If you want to earn money, and if you want publicity, you probably need
a publisher.

I don't really see how ebooks are different from music, video, or
anything else.