POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:18:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: scott
Date: 18 Jan 2011 05:33:21
Message: <4d356c71$1@news.povray.org>
> Obviously I can't remember exactly which dictionary we had at school,
> but it was a big thick thing from either Oxford or Cambridge or what
> have you.

That's called a concise or shorter dictionary, the majority of words
have been deleted out so it can fit in one book.  This is a proper
dictionary:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Oxford-English-Dictionary-second-Volumes/dp/0198611862

 > And, as I said, it failed to contain the word I wanted. And
> that was a proper reference dictionary, which cost *money*. It seems
> highly implausible to me that a freebie dictionary would be more
> comprehensive.

Try Chambers free dictionary online (and many others I'm sure), it has
the word you're after.  I'm sure the Kindle can easily hold a 20-volume
dictionary, and I guess amazon can easily sort out a deal with a
supplier for it.