POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cut & paste : Re: Cut & paste Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:19:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cut & paste
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Jan 2011 12:46:21
Message: <4d34806d$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> On 14/01/2011 11:33 PM, Darren New wrote:
>> andrel wrote:
>>> Or put differently: a path on a machine can be turned into a URL.
>>
>> In all honesty, I have a hard time understanding why in the world you'd
>> put the name of a file local to your machine onto a printed form in the
>> first place.
>
> Which part of the word "server" did you miss?

Which part of my second paragraph did you not read?

> I have to periodically perform a file restore from tape to prove that
> the backup system actually works. As part of this, I have to note down
> which file I restored. The nearest convenient file is quite deeply buried.

Right. It's the name of a file on your local machine with which you have
done something, which is exactly what I said in my second paragraph.

(Note that when talking about tinyurl.com, your server is a local machine, yes?)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: