POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:16:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: Invisible
Date: 17 Jan 2011 11:11:04
Message: <4d346a18$1@news.povray.org>
On 17/01/2011 03:33 PM, scott wrote:
>> Is power consumption directly related to clock speed in some way?
>
> Pretty much always.

Mmm, OK.

> On the analogue side the details probably vary depending on
> exactly which DAC architecture you're using, but in general I can't
> imagine power going down at higher clock speeds.

No, but it could stay roughly the same.

I suppose the next question is how much power changes with frequency,
but I guess that's going to depend intimately on exactly what you're
doing...

I still rather suspect that the difference between a 30,000 sps DAC and
a 20,000 sps DAC is rather minute, but whatever.