POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cut & paste : Re: Cut & paste Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cut & paste
From: Invisible
Date: 17 Jan 2011 08:37:57
Message: <4d344635$1@news.povray.org>
>> Which part of the word "server" did you miss?
>
> I think the operative word in the question is 'printed'.

Well, yes. Quite why our procedures require this stuff to happen on
paper in the first place is beyond me. Alternatively, they could just
print the box slightly bigger so I could write the address in by hand.

>> I have to periodically perform a file restore from tape to prove that
>> the backup system actually works. As part of this, I have to note down
>> which file I restored. The nearest convenient file is quite deeply
>> buried.
>
> Why not create one at a more convenient place and/or define a device or
> shared directory at the spot of the directory you want?

Setting something up specially would require getting authorisation and
filling out forms and it's basically quite a lot of work for something I
only have to do once every 6 months.