  Re: Molecular biology
From: Stephen
Date: 17 Jan 2011 05:58:04
Message: <4d3420bc@news.povray.org>
On 17/01/2011 1:21 AM, Darren New wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>> Simulacron 3
>
> I'm about 3/4ths the way through this. I can't imagine why this hasn't
> been turned into what could be an excellent action/suspense movie.

I’m glad you are enjoying it. It is so long since I read it that I can
hardly remember anything about it other than the plot. I agree that it
would make a good film but SF films in those days were either “cowboys
in space” or horror movies like “The Thing”.
Another good story of his is “Dark Universe” but that would have made a
better radio play than a movie.

> (I had already read Tunnel Under the World, but it was really too short to
> turn into a movie without spoiling it, methinks.)

They did not do too badly with Arthur C Clarke’s “The Sentinel” but you
are probably right.

--
Regards
     Stephen