POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Diabolo : Re: 51 Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 51
From: Invisible
Date: 17 Jan 2011 04:35:00
Message: <4d340d44$1@news.povray.org>
>> If I had just made one run of 51 catches, and then gone back to being
>> able to only do 2 or 3, that would be very fluky, but not too
>> surprising. However, I now suddenly seem to be able to regularly exceed
>> 10 or sometimes even 20 catches. I have no idea why I can suddenly do
>> that - but I like it!
>
> I experience similar things with juggling. Quite amazing what one can do
> suddenly  after some practice (tricks one would have never thought
> possible). Not that I'm good... but it is fun.

Heh. I'm hoping that I might eventually /get/ good. But we'll see.

Currently I'm beginning to wonder if I've worn the string out. That
would be rather alarming, considering I've had it less than a month. On
the other hand, the handling seems to have changed fairly radically, and
the string is now nearly black...

>> Need to figure out how the hell to correct for tilt though.
>
> IIRC (it has been quite some years since I played with diabolo) try to
> move one stick more forward.

Yeah, for whatever reason I seem to be throwing at an angle. That's
probably the problem. It's easy to correct when you're just holding the
diabolo on the string. Not so easy to correct for while also throwing
and catching it.