POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : more efficient method to program animation? : Re: more efficient method to program animation? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 02:23:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: more efficient method to program animation?
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 16 Jan 2011 19:50:43
Message: <4d339263@news.povray.org>
wieland.delepeleire wrote:

> Thanks for that help, it makes sense indeed. But it won't run all the different
> scenes when I would run main.ini since I need to define the SceneNr variable due
> to the structure of my file.

Since you need to decide the overall structure of the animation too,
you could derive SceneNr from clock value (e.g., scene 1 goes from 0
to 0.1, scene 2 from 0.1 to 0.4, ...). Then define a scene_clock
variable as (clock-min)/(max-min) for the scene clock limits to
again get a subcounter from 0 to 1.