  Re: Molecular biology
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Jan 2011 12:19:21
Message: <4d332899$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   The definition of species is not dependent on behavior.

You keep telling me what the definition of species is not.
All I'm asking is for you to tell me what the definition of species *is*.

Also, just as an aside, I'm not sure that the behavior of the fruit flies
isn't genetic. I didn't see anything in any of the descriptions I've read
where the scientists later tried to do artificial insemination to see if it
worked. You're jumping to conclusions that because there's only 16
generations between the two sets of fruit flies that it isn't enough to
cause a genetic incompatibility.

>   You make it sound like every living being could reproduce with any
> other living being on Earth, but they just won't because they either are
> of the wrong size or because of instinct. That's not how it works.

No, I never said anything like that.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: