POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Survey : Re: Survey Server Time
3 Sep 2024 13:16:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Survey
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 15 Jan 2011 22:07:11
Message: <4d3260df@news.povray.org>
On 1/15/2011 7:06 PM, Darren New wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>> The government is not out to get me. That concept strikes me as rather
>> American.
>
> OK. I think that a lot of the bad feelings in the USA about the
> government falls along the lines of "the supreme court elected bush, not
> the people", or "corporations bribe the politicians", or that they're
> only interested in how much money and power they can get and not in
> doing the job, stuff like that. I.e., the politicians aren't doing what
> they were elected to do, so it doesn't really matter who you elected.
> They're working for the greedy folks who are taking your money and health.
>
> I just wondered if this was just an exaggerated view of what others also
> experience, or if my memories from decades ago thinking the government
> while perhaps misguided was at least trying were due to me not following
> politics as much.

Probably the later, to some extent, but even some of the politician
admit that things have gotten to the point where you can't get jack
done, because neither side is transparent, both sides have their own pet
methods of hiding what is going on (the rights calls them "faith based
initiatives", or, "helping small businesses via deregulation", while the
left call it "privacy", or "respecting people" - code for not call them
on what ever they are doing wrong, especially if they are on the left,
which often amounts to the same thing), and both sides, at this point,
want to win at any cost, even if it means the federal government grinds
to a halt (or rather to a bigger halt than only showing up 3 days a
week, then whining about how you missed the meeting, so didn't get a
chance to look at the legislation proposed, already does to it).

That last bit I really love. How many jobs, including 100% of al
businesses, would let you only show up 3 days a week, pay you a full
time 40 hour salary, give you full health care benefits, then listen
when you whined at them that, "I didn't know the company was going to do
**that**! Someone should have had a meeting about it before we
decided!!" Head->desk...

Better yet, what twit put that in the law?

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {