POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Survey : Re: Survey Server Time
3 Sep 2024 13:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Survey
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 15 Jan 2011 21:55:13
Message: <4d325e11$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/15/2011 5:33 AM, Tim Attwood wrote:
> The problem with politicians isn't that they don't do the right thing,
> it's that they need to think about what
> the right thing to do is.
Uh.. No, in my experience the problem arises when people **don't** think
about what the right thing to do is, they just *know* what it is, then
distort, twist, mangle, and/or redefine things, until, even if it only
seems so to them, the "facts" appear to conform to the "truth (tm)" they
imagined all along.

You get the same thing among the religious. As one article's title
described it: "God’s Leading = My Desire". In politics, this is, "The
right thing = What ever I want to work, even if it actually doesn't".

Show me someone that doesn't think, at all, about what is right and
wrong, and I will show you someone with the same name as me, running as
fast as I can away from them.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {