POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Survey : Re: Survey Server Time
3 Sep 2024 13:14:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Survey
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Jan 2011 21:06:24
Message: <4d3252a0$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> The government is not out to get me. That concept strikes me as rather
> American.

OK. I think that a lot of the bad feelings in the USA about the government
falls along the lines of "the supreme court elected bush, not the people",
or "corporations bribe the politicians", or that they're only interested in
how much money and power they can get and not in doing the job, stuff like
that. I.e., the politicians aren't doing what they were elected to do, so it
doesn't really matter who you elected. They're working for the greedy folks
who are taking your money and health.

I just wondered if this was just an exaggerated view of what others also
experience, or if my memories from decades ago thinking the government while
perhaps misguided was at least trying were due to me not following politics
as much.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: