POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Survey : Re: Survey Server Time
3 Sep 2024 13:14:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Survey
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 14 Jan 2011 23:10:02
Message: <4d311e1a$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/14/2011 6:29 PM, Stephen wrote:
> On 15/01/2011 12:57 AM, Darren New wrote:
>> Do you believe your government is working in the best interests of the
>> people of the country? If you answer, what country are you in?
>
> Well, I wouldn’t trust our government as far as I could throw them. Not
> 100% true, I would trust most of them to feather their own beds.
> What is most annoying is they don’t listen to people and do what they
> *think* is best for the common herd.

USA method of governing:

1. Make a poll that makes answering anything but A sound bad.
2. Determine that 90% of the people picked A.
3. Tell everyone, over and over, that 90% of the US wants Q, because
they all picked A. Never mind that Q is a blatant distortion of what
*most* people likely intended when they said A.
4. If called on it, ignore the fact, and just release a new misleading poll.
5. If necessary, lie, so people pick the right answer again.
6. Insist that, since you have stacked the data in your favor, this is
what the people "want". Thus, what you are doing, even when someone
else's poll shows 180 degrees the opposite result, is what the people
"want".
7. Rake in the cash, buy stock options, and get reelected.
8. Return to #1.

Mind, I might be biased, but this seems to be *way* more common among so
called "conservatives". It seems that having "higher morals" means you
get to lie, cheat, steal, etc., as long as you don't get caught at it,
while *not* claiming the moral high ground in the first place means you
are an evil, communist, bent on destroying the country. lol

As one person put it, "You don't get to claim that your beliefs make you
more moral, have better values, and a clearer idea what the *right*
thing to do is, then the next day cry, 'But I am human, like everyone
else, so its hardly a surprise I was found soliciting a male prostitute,
in the office of the BP CEO, with my pants stuffed with Chinese
currency!" Either you *are* made better by your supposed superior views,
or you are a hypocrite, and liar. The other side doesn't even have to be
better than you, you just have to be **as bad**.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {