  Re: Molecular biology
From: Darren New
Date: 13 Jan 2011 18:09:11
Message: <4d2f8617$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   The offspring must be fertile. Ligers and tigons aren't.

How often do they have to be fertile for it to count. If 10% of the
offspring are viable, is that enough? 1%?

Also, there are some tree species[*] C that's a cross between species A and
species B. It won't fruit except in the presence of A or B. I.e., the
offspring are fertile with their parents, but not with each other. Does that
count?

And, has been mentioned, men are not the same species as other men, so it's
difficult to understand exactly how to apply this definition to individuals.

[*] I thought it was tangelos, but wikipedia doesn't mention that on their page.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: