POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:24:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 13 Jan 2011 13:22:22
Message: <4d2f42de$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 16:12:25 +0000, Invisible wrote:

> Besides, who wants a system that can delete the books you've paid for at
> any time, for no defined reason?

That's what backups are for. With my Nook, I back everything up so if
they delete the books for some reason, I have non-DRM versions of the
books I can "sideload" onto the device.  (Yes, I typically do strip the
DRM from my purchases; they're my purchases, after all).

> My current phone has a camera in it. I have no idea why. The images it
> forms are just barely recognisable.

I find that the camera in my phone (HTC Droid Incredible) aren't bad, but
if I want to do something more than just show my wife something when I'm
traveling, I'll use a camera - even a lower pixel density camera (after
all, it's not just about the number of megapixels).

> It also thinks its am MP3 player. I have no idea why. The sound quality
> of a 2mm speaker is, obviously, abysmal.

That's what headphones or speakers are for.  I have an external speaker
that I use with my phone when I want to listen to Slacker.com or part of
my MP3 collection.  But I also use an iPod since I've got speaker docks
that work with it.

Jim