POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:16:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: Darren New
Date: 13 Jan 2011 11:54:17
Message: <4d2f2e39$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Erm, no, it's a documented fact. People actually have had their books
> deleted. Twice.

Actually only *deleted* once. The second time, it was just removed from the
store. It was unclear from the articles I read whether it was actually
removed from the devices that had already purchased it as well. (I.e., if
you read exactly what the article said, the answer is "no". If you assume
the reporter was typing exactly what Amazon said, the answer is "no". If you
read all the rhetoric surrounding it, the answer is "yes".)

> (I have no idea about other e-readers, but the Kindle range is very
> small indeed.)

It's different. There are wads of tech papers you can get electronically
that aren't for sale on paper, for example.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: