POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
3 Sep 2024 13:16:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: nemesis
Date: 13 Jan 2011 11:28:54
Message: <4d2f2846$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible escreveu:
> Reading *is* my thing, I'd just prefer to do it using a real, physical
> book, that's all. (Plus, while I /like/ reading, I don't get to /do/ it
> very often.)

I've got no respect for /real books/, their large volumes messing around
with home space, their smell and yellow pages as they get old and the
forests killed to make them.

> Besides, who wants a system that can delete the books you've paid for at
> any time, for no defined reason?

that's plain FUD last time I heard, both from tree killers and
traditional book publishers.

> Still, it's not without advantages. (Size and weight being the obvious
> ones, but also the ability to enlarge the text to the point that even my
> grandparents can read it.) They're just not advances that are especially
> important to me.

beside all those awesome advantages, you can also simply buy a new book
in the middle of the night when you see fit.

>> That said, it's the only portable device I'd ever buy, aside from the
>> cheapest
>> possible cell*phones* and Nintendo's upcoming 3DS.  I don't get it
>> people who
>> buy an iPhone to answer calls in the middle of some tense gaming
>> moment or to
>> read ebooks in tiny letters... :)
>
> My current phone has a camera in it. I have no idea why. The images it
> forms are just barely recognisable.
>
> It also thinks its am MP3 player. I have no idea why. The sound quality
> of a 2mm speaker is, obviously, abysmal.

indeed.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9