POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
3 Sep 2024 13:12:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Jan 2011 11:27:07
Message: <4d2f27db@news.povray.org>
>> With E Books, you can change the font size.
>
> yes, but not the screen size. Which means you can read in big letters
> and scroll all the time to see more text... :p

Mmm, true. Still, the Kindle has a reasonable size of screen on it.
Probably comparable to a hand-held paperback book. Looking at some of
the weighty tomes I have in my room, most of the actual *text* isn't
much wider, there's just more white space on the page. And there's a
good reason for that: the wider a line of type, the harder it is for the
eye to scan from the end of one line to the beginning of the correct
line below it.

All of this of course goes a bit wonky once you have resizeable text on
a fixed-size screen...