POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Diabolo : Re: 51 Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 51
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Jan 2011 11:17:56
Message: <4d2f25b4$1@news.povray.org>
On 13/01/2011 04:13 PM, Darren New wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>> Since then, I haven't managed to get near 50 again, but I have managed
>> several teens and a few twenties. For whatever reason, I seem to have
>> suddenly made a quantum leap in my skills. O_O
>
> This happens to me a lot. If I practice something for a while, then walk
> away for a day, when I come back, the practice seems to have "taken
> hold" or something and I'm far better than I was before.

Well, I started practising again today, and managed a few 4s and 5s, and
then suddenly just pulled off 51 out of nowhere. Then a 33. And then
down to 10s and 20s for the rest of the session. I have no idea why. I
guess I just figured out some crucial piece of technique, but I have no
idea what!

Well, maybe I do. The throws are smoother now, which probably makes the
catches easier. I'm still having issues with tilt and direction though...